Lutheran Health Network
The Tobacco Intervention Program (TIP) utilizes proven approaches and experienced physicians, pharmacists, and counselors in order to help you gain and maintain control of your dependence on tobacco. While dealing with the physical dependence to nicotine, ongoing counseling and education address the psychological and behavioral changes needed to produce long-term success at quitting. TIP incorporates one-on-one education and counseling sessions, pharmacological therapy, and long-term follow-up and support.
This program starts with a detailed initial assessment, including evaluation of preexisting medical conditions, pulmonary function screening, carbon monoxide testing, an assessment of your smoking history, habit and previous quit attempts, level of nicotine dependence and psychological dependence. During the subsequent counseling visits, which occur over a period of several weeks, we:
- Provide education in health related issues, nicotine dependence, and other topics as needed.
- Assist you with the identification of triggers and coping strategies.
- Help you develop a personal stop plan that best meets your needs.
- Develop a plan for quit day.
- Assist with implementing behavioral change techniques.
- Encourage and assist you with implementing healthy lifestyle choices.
- Teach relaxation and breathing techniques.
- Provide social support, relapse prevention and long-term follow-up.
Is TIP Covered by Insurance?
Medicare and Medicaid cover this service.
We have a scholarship program to help those who are financially challenged and do not have insurance that covers smoking/tobacco cessation.
A physician referral is necessary. Just call our office at (260) 435-7094 locally, or toll-free at (800) 444-2001, Ext 7094 Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or email email@example.com for more information about our intensive Tobacco Intervention Program.